Half Baked Chocolate Dessert
Prep time: 1 h
Cannot be frozen
For the desserts:
1/4 cup of butter, melted
1 1/4 cups of good-quality bittersweet chocolate, chopped
2/3 cup of unsalted butter, cubed
3/4 cup of self-rising flour
1 pinch of salt
3 small eggs
3 small egg yolks
1 tbsp. of confectioner's sugar
1 pomegranate, seeded
1. For the desserts: Preheat the oven to 200°C (180° fan) | 400F | gas 6.
2. Brush the insides of a six individual pudding molds with some of the melted butter and chill for 15 minutes.
3. After chilling, brush with another layer of butter. Arrange on a baking sheet and chill until ready to use.
4. Melt together the chocolate and cubed butter in a heatproof mixing bowl set over a half-filled saucepan of gently simmering water.
5. Once melted, remove from the heat and leave to cool for 5 minutes.
6. Whisk together the eggs and egg yolks in a separate mixing bowl until thick and pale, 2-3 minutes. Sift the flour and salt into the eggs and whisk again until smooth.
7. Fold the egg and flour mixture into the melted chocolate and butter until incorporated. Divide the batter between the prepared molds and bake for 14-18 minutes until just set and starting to come away from the sides; they may need an additional 2-4 minutes. Remove to a cooling rack to cool slightly.
8. To serve: Run the tip of a knife between the desserts and the molds to loosen before inverting onto plates.
9. Stand the desserts upright and dust lightly with confectioner's sugar. Serve with pomegranate seeds on the side.